Thursday, March 06, 2008

Father And Son

I had always wondered why I never bothered to space out the major events in my life. I got a job, got married and got a flat in a one-year time frame.

2 weeks ago, this day, I was reminded that it is not I who plans major events in my life.

I lost my father suddenly. Even now I'm grappling with the suddenness of his departure. Although I'm fully aware that the time of death of a person is written on the day the person is created, and that the Angel of Death will not wait for a second longer once a person's time is up, my limited mind has difficulty in coming to grips with not being able to hear my father's voice or speak to him in such a sudden time frame.

Ten days later, my son was born. The sensation of seeing a new life in this world, after barely getting over the departure of another, is a strange experience. In ten days, I lost my father and became a father.

As my newborn son cries for comfort, I hope that my father finds comfort in seeing his grandson, and his son having a son to call his own.


~ Jalaludeen s/o Abdul Kasim ~
1946 - 2008

May Allah grant him peace, mercy and forgiveness in life, and after life.
Ameen, Ya Rabbal Aalameen

We'll catch up soon, dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inna'lillahi wa innalillahi raji'un.

May Allah bless your dad. Inshallah he is at peace.

Also, many congratulations on the birth of your son. Children are indeed a joy to have. May your son be a blessing to you and your wife; and may your relationship with your son be even better than the one you had with your father.

Amin