Friday, May 28, 2021

Top 10 in 2012 (in no particular order)

This is an unfortunate post that gost stuck in my "drafts" for the longest time ever. So here's to my look-back at 2012!


===================

2012 has been a masala whirlwind of new experiences, old emotions and novel situations. I want to look back at the top ten things that happened in 2012 and reflect on the messages I gleaned from them.

1. New job at MHA - Bumpy
I have always been quiet about what I do for a living, apart from just saying that I'm a civil servant. After a fantastic 2-odd years at my previous place, I was offered a secondment at MHA and I accepted it. The start-up was rough but I soon got the hang of it.

2. Trip to Vietnam - Unforgettable
I went to Ho Chi Minh city with my wife (no kids) for a 5-day trip. It was an amazing trip - I felt I reconnected with my wife and saw so many awesome things. Most of all, I was impressed with the resilience of the Vietnamese womenfolk.

3. Trip to Kollapuram - Reconnections with roots
Sure, my wife didn't enjoy herself and Talha was extremely cranky. But I got to relive my memories with my family, as an adult, and Zayed really enjoyed himself.

4. Zayed rides tricycle independently - Pure joy
My 5-year-old baby man rode his tricycle independently. It was a magical moments, perhaps as magical as seeing him toddle for the first time. Next up - bicycle!

5. Spiritual reconnection - It's not quite there yet
This is a work in progress. I need to find my Teacher. Or maybe he's already somewhere and I'm not seeing him?

6. KL trip to Yuvan concert - Awesome company
Wonderful trip (no kids) with my wife and our two lovely buddies. KL's okay, concert wasn't that good but our experiences were awesome!

7. Actually finished 2 books - Good.
I did! I finished two books, but for the love of me, I can't remember what the hell they were! Epic. Fail.

8. Bowled over by Life of Pi
I think this was one of the two books I read! But this is about the movie. Simply magical and spiritual on so many levels.

9. One year of gym
I'm not quite Ajay Devgn (please forgive me but he's got a good body, really) but showed that consistency is key to good health, nice biceps and a good night's sleep.

10. Wife's company taking off
Nursing Muslimah had a fantastic take-off- I'm hoping it continues for many more years to come.

No comments: