Thursday, April 24, 2014

Let Go


Things are happening at full swing. Looks like I might actually get to go to the U.S. for studies.

The U.S. Embassy clarified that I should get some funding from my employer in order to secure my candidacy. Suddenly, I realised that things weren’t that bad, and that the Plan is still for me to go. A sliver of hope opened up, but another thing happened too.

I began to realise that my heart had become too attached in getting the Fulbright award. Unconsciously, I had made it the front, centre, side (and maybe even top) of everything I wanted in life. When I made the clarification with Fulbright, and when an explanation was given to me on the procedure, something inside me awoke and came to its senses. This thing wasn’t such a big deal at all. I had let it consume me.

I was clearer now. I adopted a “let’s try for it, but if I don’t get it, it’s okay” mindset, and it felt so good. It was like I had let go of some vile thing that was hanging on to me.

Some time after, my employer approved my funding and this has bolstered the case for flying to overseas in time to come.

What this whole episode reminded me is the need to let go. Let go.

And if that something was meant for you, it will come to you, no matter what.

1 comment:

Bern said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!!! U totally deserve it bestie!!!!!!!!

okie, am going to PM u directly now.