Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hoopla!

I went to get an iPhone the day after it launched, being so happy that I had switched to M1 a year back. Apparently M1 leads the pack with the best data plans.

So I went to the nearest M1 shop near my workplace, which is at Change Alley. There was a long queue, and this service staff comes over and asks me if I was there to collect the iPhone. (Note: People were asked to register to get their iPhones a few weeks before the launch [like how Singtel did], because it's as phenomenal as National Day). When I said I was there to buy a new phone on the spot, because I'm a rational-minded customer who believed that there was enough stock to last the nation for 3 more years, the dude's jaw dropped lah!

He just couldn't fathom the fact that I had the bloody audacity not to register and just walk-in and buy an iPhone. What a cardinal sin! But wait - he told me of a way out of this quagmire and redeem myself: "Sir, I'm sorry. What you can do now is put yourself on the waiting list, then we'll update you."

Absolutely. Without the iPhone, my liver will burst and my brain will experience spontaneous combustion, releasing poisonous fumes into the air. Yes, I need the iPhone at all cost and please, put me on the waitlist. I will reform, I promise.

Pure, 100% bollocks. Please don't hype the thing until to this extent lah. It's just a bloody phone. You will surely have excess stock which you will try to clear before the next version 4GS iPhone with 200GB internal memory and a 5 megapixel camera comes in like 3 months? Then why this elaborate song and dance?

I turned downed the staff's irresistible offer and earned myself a place in i-Hell.

To hell with all the hoopla!

6 comments:

Good Times said...

haha, damn funny bro...looks like no iphone for you I guess, why not try HTC Hero, that another popular buy...

scentedbubbles said...

hahahhahahah!
u go girl! (erm* cough cough..)
im wondering what phone to buy oso..this iphone shit going a bit wonky rite

Nunbun said...

Yes... HTC Hero and Blackberry Bold are other possibilities. Need to explore those options before choosing one.

TheHoopoe said...

Be my friend and get the Android. I am with the Google G2 - which is similar to the HTC Hero in Europe.

Anonymous said...

Its not just a bloody phone...its an iphone!

Sour grapes indeed!

Nunbun said...

It's just a bloody phone!

Yes, my next one will be an Android...