Friday, October 30, 2009


This one's been "cooking" since before I started working.

Parents of persons with disabilities, or folks who have siblings with disabilities, need not worry anymore on what'll happen to their cares when they pass on - introducing the Special Needs Trust Company.

Usually people are worried how their disabled children can get a monthly allowance/funds for subsistence after they pass on - they also don't trust the money with relatives as relatives may just decide to forget about the disabled folks and makan the money.

Under the Special Needs Trust Company, people can put in a minimum of $5000 to open an account for their disabled cares, for it to be disbursed after they pass on. It's a Government-backed trust, so returns are guaranteed, and a trustee will disburse the funds according to a pre-determined, agreed schedule.

Special school teachers - do spread the word.

Read more here and here.

No comments: