Sunday, September 02, 2007

Shining Light


Of late, I'd been feeling that I had lost track of who I was, what I stood for, and why I was here in the first place. Like what DJ says in Rang de Basanti: in university, I felt like somebody - but in the working world, I felt as though I was lost among the sea of the clueless, the nameless, and the faceless.

Although I seemed to be doing very well at work, I felt that I was beginning to lose control of my life. Many conflicting thoughts entered and exited my head, and I was not that cool-headed chap I had known myself to be. Sometimes, I would feel nervous, and anxious, worried. About exactly what, I had no clue.

But surrounding me, there are wonderful people to keep me sane. My wife is an amazing pillar in my life, and totally indispensible, maasha Allah. My parents and inlaws, always there to invite us over for food, food and more food. My friend, the Hoopoe, who's always around for lunch at work and sometimes for Friday prayers, is there to recite a few verses of Khalil Gibran's The Prophet or some weird English song that he like to post on his blog to reassure me that Reality is something more beautiful and meaningful that our small minds sometimes like to think. Then there are all my other friends whom I'd love to meet on a regular basis but I just seem to let Other Things get the better of me. Insha Allah I hope to get some priorities right in the coming weeks.

Today, during zuhr prayers, I prayed for light to enter my heart, and for wisdom to penetrate my mind, and for my soul to come nearer to Him, such that He protects me, and envelopes me, and keeps the big picture in my head. For He is the Source, and to Him we will all return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amin.

These were what you needed and asked for:

Rabbana atmim lana nurana waghfirlana innaka 'ala kulli syai in qadir.

Allahummaftah 'alaina wa'ala zurriyatina futuhal 'arifin allazina la khaufun 'alaihim walahum yahzanun.

Rabbana atina milladunka rahmah wa hai yi' lana amrina rashada.

Amin...

Anonymous said...

Slight amendment to the last doa:

Rabbana atina milladunka rahmah wa hai yi' lana min amrina rashada.

Anonymous said...

May your doas be answered and may you be at peace with yourself. Insha Allah.