Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Blessed Month

Last weekend was an extremely satisfying one for me. On Saturday we managed to successfully hold the first big scale Mendaki Club sharing session for young Muslim professionals, with notable speakers like Mr Inderjit Singh (MP, and CEO of Infiniti Solutions Pte. Ltd.) and Ms Elim Chew (Founder & President of 77th Street). They were audience favourites, with their excellent sense of humour and passion for life. I thoroughly enjoyed speaking to them at such a close range, something I would never have dreamt of, same time last year. Cheesy as it sounds, I really look forward to organising more of such sessions so that young Muslim professionals have access to good, experienced speakers. We all could learn some new things we previously didn't know about.
Then on Sunday, I concluded my class on the movie screening of The Message. We had a discussion of the answers to the quiz I had posed the class last week. Then we had a prize presentation for the top three, all deserving winners. It's really satisfying to wrap up a complete session, something which I have never done. I prayed for it to happen - all the lessons in a systematic manner, followed by a quiz. (Normally, things would start all great... but lose steam in the middle.)

This weekend has been smooth - Ramadan started on Wednesday, and it’s been going steady so far, this being our first Ramadan since marriage. The main difference is that it’ll just be the two of us for sahur, eating whatever we wish to eat (instead of what Mum cooks). For breaking fast, we probably be going to our parents' place, as its always more 'complete' to break fast with a big group of folks. Yesterday some friends came over to our place to break fast. Being the first time I've ever called friends over for a breakfast session, it was very satisfying to know that our home has been a place of barakah for we shared food and drinks with fellow Muslims who fasted.
Today is a relaxing day, and I look forward to having my parents at home today for breaking fast later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful iftar. The company was exquisite and the house was simply beautiful.

The reward of providing iftar to a fasting brother is only with Allah - and that is more than what one can hope for.

Amin...

It was perfect :-)