Friday, April 06, 2012

Reflection



Lately I've been feeling somewhat down. My new job isn't what I thought it would be (at least, not yet). Lots of uncertainty about my career prospects, whether I'd get recognised and promoted. Then there are the thoughts about going off to the US or UK to do my Masters. But there is uncertainty over exactly what I want to study, why and when - Zayed's schooling is another thing to think about.

Key words popping to mind are uncertainty, vagueness, unsettled and the phrase "there's something out there".

I've been given some time to think about these things - wife is on a short trip abroad and boys are at my mother-in-law's place. I am thankful for that.

A part of me tells me to take things day by day. Enjoy today, live it properly and don't worry too much about tomorrow. But I need to know, at least vaguely, where tomorrow leads to before I can enjoy today.

Then my inner voice tells me that all these are early distractions and that I should really only be thinking about serving Him, and that the answers will come by themselves. Makes sense - the power of the Divine is something I have full faith in, and I fully believe that if you relinquish the World, it will come running to you, but if you run after the world, it will never be enough.

I hope to get more more insight at Friday prayers later, Insha Allah.

No comments: