Tuesday, June 14, 2011

rethink

We recently took a 3-day trip to Batam to unwind. There was no agenda - well, the agenda was to have no agenda. We got ourselves a nice 2-bedroom suite at the Holiday Inn. I had some learning points:

1. I really need to relax. Like chill. Less uptight, less quick to blow my top and whack the kids or scold someone. This uptight thing has been going on for at least 2 decades, I'm sure, but I've been feeling it's consequences on my life more than ever.

2. I need to convert a lot more local currency when I leave Singapore. This time at Batam, we were all blindsided with the amount we needed to pay for a fuss-free holiday. For example: The hotel's cab contact was safer, but a major rip-off, and we almost didn't have cash to pay for that.

3. Prayer timings. Research prayer timings in a foreign place well in advance instead of scrambling and worrying about it the whole day (see 1).

No comments: