Sunday, October 05, 2008

Testing Movies

Ever so often, I feel that Tamil movies test my patience and intelligence.

My wife and I watched a Madhavan movie last night for 10 minutes before deciding it was a piece of crap. That's all it took. The premise was boy loves girl at first sight, but girl has got a big bloody nice family that frowns on lurve, so boy goes all out to win family's heart, but something screws up along the way so boy kenna whack, but in the end everyone sees that the boy is demi-God so they all love him, and boy gets girl. Come on lah... don't insult my intelligence and waste my time.

It's a disgusting feeling you get after watching a stupid movie, that you've wasted 3 hours of your life watching something that has made absolutely no difference in the way you see or feel about the world.

And I also can't understand why Madhavan has to choose crappy movies like "Vazhthukkal" to act. If he wants to be a serious actor then he better be bolder and choose themes that are more contemporary and realistic.

Anyway - we switched to Channel 5 where they showed The Ring - clear Hollywood excesses when remaking a Japanese horror flick, but definitely more entertaining than Madhavan sprouting infantile dialogue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's time you switch your career to producing and directing movies bro....who knows...you might be the next big thing....haha....

Anonymous said...

haha...funny lar u...u mention tt u took onli 10 mins before decidin it was a piece of crap but u state the whole story..btw i agree with u i hav wasted my 2hrs watchin juz a lame & common story, but i saved my last 1hr by goin back to sleep...