Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Message is Simple


Shaykh Hisham Kabbani is a man of simple words. But powerful words.

At his talk last Friday at the Singapore Power auditorium, there was more power than usual.

The title of his speech was "Conversations with God" - indeed, a heavy title for even a Shaykh. But he navigated through the session with his wisdom and simplicity.

To speak with God, there is no "I" or "me" - the ego must disappear completely, and all humility must be before God.

Show love and compassion to all - because it is with the love that you give to others that you serve Him and serving the role as His vicegerent on earth. And so, He will come nearer to you.

Time is something defined by mankind. For truly, the only time is now - the present. The future is known to God only, while the past is unalterable.

All this he said in very simple language, using parables and contemporary examples.

Alhamdulillah - the experience of listening to a Shaykh in person is a magical experience... there is a certain calmness and "spirituality" (for want of a better word) about them.

If you're interested, you can attend a session on Sunday morning.

3 comments:

the seeker said...

I had a feeling that this will be good but I couldn't make it as I had to sit for a quiz for my Rasm Uthmani module. Sigh.

I'm interested to know more about what you had mentioned: "To speak with God, there is no "I" or "me" - the ego must disappear completely, and all humility must be before God."

How should one speak to God then? Using what words to replace 'I' or 'me'??

Nunbun said...

For that part on having no "I" or "me", it's about removing desires of the self. You have to forget the wants and desires your Self has, and come with a clean slate with God. You have to think of what He wants, and how He wants you to serve Him. You become His instrument and servant, and not listen to your desires.

It's difficult to explain over Blogger lah. Perhaps I can share with you during our Saturday class. Or Yashila can give you an insight...

Anonymous said...

What I understand may be different from how you understand it. So, you should just share with her in Sunday :)