Sunday, July 20, 2008

Return to Tajweed

When I learn tarannum, my Ustad kept on pointing out the fact that even though tarannum is important, tajweed was more important than anything else. Since then, I've been torn apart between perfecting my tajweed and building on my tarannum.

However, after many conversations with many persons, I realised that there is so much more to learn for tajweed, and that I should put my tarannum on hold for the time being.

Last Saturday, I was fortunate enough to attend a "advanced" tajweed class by an established and well-respected Ustad in the recitation of the Qur'an. In those amazing 2 hours, I learnt 5 new things about tajweed which I had not known before all these years!

What does it tell me? There's always, always something you don't know.

No comments: