Saturday, May 17, 2008

Randomisation


The organisation I work for had its annual get-together/retreat/funfair event three days ago. One of the items was a skit that aimed to tell staff the new policies that had been implemented recently. Being a thespian with a virtually non-existent international track record, I ws naturally considered for a bit role. It had four lines. Anyway - the other actors were not thespians, but they had the enthusiasm and can-do spirit to make up for it.

It was fun to act with some of them. They seemed so thrilled to be part of it, and so excited that they had make-up and were actually nervous before making their onstage appearance. It was like they were re-living the primary school days they never had.

~~~

Bosses have a way of calling you in for a meeting right before you are about to leave for home, and have lengthy policy discussions and armchair speculations. Today was one such meeting and felt like throwing an atom bomb at my boss. There will always be a point when the meeting would seem to come to an end with "Ok, that's all. Hey. I was just thinking about the monkeys in Guatemala..." and a fresh new discussion on monkeys in Guatemala will start. This will happen a few times until you feel like throwing a few atom bombs at the conversations-starters' faces. Meetings...

~~~

I don't believe it. I walked straight into my kitchen cabinet door and received a cut and a swelling on my face. It just missed by left eye by that much. "Doofus" doesn't quite cut it.

No comments: