Saturday, November 04, 2006

Summary

I knew I hadn't been writing for a while, but I got a shock in my socks when I realised it's been 6 bloody months since I last wrote an entry. Sheesh.

From then till now, too many things have happened, dear reader. Let me start off from where my last post ended, on tarannum.

The classes finished, and I was told to look for another Ustad to further my education in vocal gymnastics. I decided to take a break from tarannum for a while, and focus on other developments in my life which I will detail now.

Just around this time I received a job offer, and I quickly took it and yelped for joy.

After that, very quickly, I had my convocation and got a pretty decent honours grade, much to the yelping of family and friends and myself. (Photos at Flickr, if you may).

Then just as quickly, work started, and I was plunged into the world of the Civil Service. It's pretty challenging and I've never experienced anything like it in my past 25 years. New and mind-blowing experience, dudes. It's action non-stop and the only predictable thing is unpredictability, leaving me in constant predicaments.

But life goes on!

Then at the same time, as per my Grand Plan formulated in 2004, I decided to get married, and the following comments and my unspoken thoughts ensued:

a. "You're too young to get married lah." - OK, I'll wait until I've experienced 34 failed relationships, "find out who I really am", and at a young age of 34, I shall start looking for an Indian bride who cooks and cleans her pet rabbits.

b. "Wah, so fast? Why so fast? I'm so shocked that I feel I have a heart attack." - Just die, you sucker. I can't live by your timelines.

c. "Good, I admire your lofty ideals." - What are my lofty ideals, may I ask?

d. "Eh, got enough money or not? Think about these things. You don't even have a car yet..." - Oh ya, I forgot I had to marry a car first.

And some others I rather not remember. But my plan was simple: to officially announce my intention to live with my choice of life partner. Many folks surprisingly can't seem to understand this. "Marriage" and "Wedding" are expensive, life-threatening and mysterious mammoths that are better left deal with later. Of course no one knows when this "later" is. But the truth is - no. None of that. When you got a job, you can sustain yourself and your partner, and you think the time is right, just go for it. It doesn't have to be a wedding fit for the Brunei Sultan.

Anyhow - my folks are happy, that's what matters. The wedding prep is underway and it's Coming Soon in Jan 2007, Insha Allah.

Then there's the issue of lodging after marriage? No problem, the flat is under some administrative pencil-pushing by my fellow Civil Servants at HDB, I hope to confirm it soon.

In between, I was given the good opportunity to receive some awards for doing well in studies, Alhamdulillah. The Singapore Indian Education Trust, Mendaki and SINDA all thought my grades were better than normal and I went on an awards spree. I must say I did not expect to receive so many accolades in so short a span of time. Nothing would've been possible without the Almighty, the Most Merciful and the Most Beneficient, All Praise be to You. I seek Your Forgiveness and to You will I return.

And now we're in November, my dear reader, and things are continuing to happen in a fast fast pace. I hope to post more regularly, even though my readership maxes at 9 on a good day.

Until then, enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice new look! I feel like changing my template too!

singapotter said...

Congrats on your upcoming marriage! I wish you the best in your future.

Nunbun said...

Thanks potter!